In case you haven’t heard the amazing news, I was recently awarded a coveted prize: The Versatile Blogger Award!
This achievement was granted to me by my friend and agency-mate, Regina Jennings. And yes, there was a ceremony that took place via her blog. You can check it out here.
So, what now, you may ask? Well, in lieu of a speech, I am to complete the following:
1. List 7 things people may not know about you.
2. Pass the award on to 7 new bloggers and let them know that they won.
3. Don’t forget to thank the blogger who gave the award to you.
So, here I go. I can only hope that this award is the step that will bolster my fledgling movie career. Oscars, here I come!
First off, a very humble and gracious thank you to Regina Jennings. If you don’t know this lady, you should. She’s eloquent, bubbly, warm, sincere, and genuinely one of the nicest people I’ve ever met. (And yes, I had the pleasure of meeting her in person at the ACFW conference this year!) She’s has all the sweetness of a real lady, and I so admire that in her. Plus, I don’t ever think I’ve seen her without a smile on her face! So Regina, I thank you for recognizing me and for calling me friend. You are a joy to know. You can check out Regina’s blog at www.reginajennings.com.
7 Things People May Not Know About Me:
1. I am a Mary Kay consultant. Or I was for the past 5 years. I’ve enjoyed it, but I’m closing down my business because I don’t have the time to devote to it. And no, I don’t drive a pink Cadillac. Although, a free car is a free car, even if it is pink. I’ll take one if they’re giving.
2. I hate to throw up more than anything in the world. Like, seriously hate it. I get so anxious when I’m nauseated that it intensifies the problem. And lucky me, but I was violently ill with both my pregnancies. Woo hoo! In the 5th grade I threw up at school and it scarred me for life.
3. I love to go fishing. I’m not an outdoorsy girl at all, but I love to fish. On my last fishing trip, my dad and I were discussing my random love of fishing and he pegged me with, “I don’t think it’s the fishing you really like. It’s the challenge of catching the fish. You aren’t going to let a fish beat you.” He’s right.
4. I performed in “The Lion King.” I love to dance so much that I started taking classes again in college, and my hubby and I scheduled our honeymoon so that I’d be back in time for my studio’s big performance. I could go on So You Think You Can Dance. And I’d be on the gag reel of the really bad people who seriously think they’re awesome. Regardless of my lack of coordination, I really enjoy it. I think my new favorite quote came from Regina’s blog: “In my heart, I’m a dancer. In my feet, I’m a Baptist.”
5. I have a superpower. I’m a lightning-fast reader. My husband calls me a freak. I finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows in about 18 hours. When given the opportunity (which is not often) I can knock out a novel in a matter of hours, not days.
6. I beat up a guy once. Okay, let’s use the term “beat up” loosely. I was a senior in high school and my sister was a sophomore. She was dating a guy in my class and I heard a rumor that he was cheating on her. So being the protective sister that I am, I cornered the guy in the parking lot after school one day. His 6 foot frame towered over my 5’4″ self, but I shoved him up against a car and threatened his life unless he a) straightened up or b) broke up with my sister. She beat him to the punch and broke up with him first. This incident is logged away in my memory as one of my finest and most fearless moments.
7. Most embarrassing moment ever– when I was pregnant with my first son, I had serious hypoglycemia. My blood sugar would drop unexpectedly and I’d faint. I went in for a checkup at the doctor and passed out in the middle of the waiting room. When I came to, I was completely disoriented and talking like a looney person. I’ve never been so embarrassed in all my life–except for when it happened at home and my hubby called 911 because at that point, we had no idea why I was fainting and he was scared to death. Remember the dude from #6 above? The one I “beat up”? Yeah, well, he was one of the EMTs to show up at my house in the early morning hours after I fainted. Yep. That’s how it goes for me.
And now to crown the next winners!!
In no particular order they are:
Heather Sunseri– one of the nicest, kindest, funniest people I know. She’s passionate and brilliant, and I am so thankful to know her. Check out her blog at www.heathersunseri.com
Lacie Nezbeth– if this girl lived closer to me, we’d be dangerous together. We parent similarly and share a sense of humor. Not to mention, she’s drop-dead gorgeous. Check her out at http://lacienezbeth.blogspot.com
Kelli Wommack– a local writer, speaker and minister, this lady is inspiring and supportive. And we’re going to have coffee one of these days because we live in the same town. Check her out at http://kelliwommack.blogspot.com
Colleen Meeks– This lady was the very first gal to speak to me when I started 8th grade as the “new girl” and I’m so happy to say that we are still friends. That’s mostly because she has a wicked sense of humor and the sharpest tongue I know. Definitely check her out at http://wordmartini.wordpress.com/
Sarah Forgrave– this chick is one of the coolest, nicest gals I know. I counted her as a friend before I’d even met her face to face, and when I did, it was like we’d known each other for years. One of the best, and I LOVE her posts labeled “writer mom recommends.” Genius!! http://sarahforgrave.com/blog/
Jeannie Campbell– when I meet someone who makes me laugh until I can’t breathe, I want to spend all my time with them. And if she didn’t live all the way across the country, this girl and I would be inseparable. Even better, she’s a licensed marriage and family therapist (always helpful) and analyzes fictional characters. Check her out at http://charactertherapist.com/
Olivia Newport- She’s a Twitter friend. She’s a writer (with a book releasing soon!) and she’s a blogger. And she’s one of the nicest people I’ve never met in person. I hope you enjoy her writing–she does it from the heart. Read some of her work at http://www.olivianewport.com/
Share with me: Have you ever won an award? What was it for?
7 responses to “I Should Have Prepared a Speech — I Won!!”
Hi Beautiful! Thank you for passing along this award! You are too funny! Again, I have to point out some similarities…I love to fish with my dad – although I usually never catch anything. Fish beat me all the time!I hate HATE to vomit – all three of my pregnancies gave my husband ample opportunity to perfect his imitation of my gag sound. He does it way too good and makes me want to hurl just listening to him do it. And, I also sold Mary Kay for a few years! Never spent too much time on it though, just wanted to get my own make-up half off. 🙂 Dangerous is right! Good thing we live so far apart…LOL!
Aw, Thanks for the award and for the nice words! You're too sweet. Seriously. You might need to start scarfing some protein to offset all that sugar. ;)And oh my word, you've got to be kidding about the EMT story! That is absolute craziness (but good novel fodder). 🙂
You had me at the EMT story. Now that's some funny stuff. Talk about karma (if you believe in that sort of thing). And you're so tiny. I'm cracking up imagining you pushing this large person against a car. That should be in a book you write.Thanks for the awesome award, and congrats to the others. Those are some fantastic people on that list.
thanks for the award! i loved reading stuff i didn't know about you! how funny! i miss you so much.
I'm cracking up at the EMT story! Alas, the dangers of living in the same town long-term, but as a big sister I completely relate. Thank you for all the kind words. It's easy to be smiley one weekend a year. And just for the record, I did take a dance class once but it was belly dancing so I didn't have to move my feet much.Lots of love.
Thanks for the award! Some pretty funny stuff here. I will have to think seriously about this 7 things you don't know about me business … Mmm.
Congrats on the award! How do you read that fast?? Seriously. How much do you retain when you read that fast. I'm a little bit in awe right now.